- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: It's Bad For Ya, his final HBO special a few months before his death, features a lot of routines about death, a fact which was not lost on his surviving family. His daughter Kelly made several allusions to his "Things We Say When People Die" bit at his funeral, knowing George would have wanted them to laugh. Which they did.
- Harsher in Hindsight:
- His rant on 1999's You Are All Diseased about how pointless airport security was and how he didn't believe terrorists were out to hijack planes quickly became this only 2 years later when, in fact, terrorists DID hijack planes. It did prove to fairly pointless in that it didn't even slow them down...
- His "Fuck Lance Armstrong" bit became this, or Hilarious in Hindsight when he was revealed to dabble with blood doping for his cycling career, and was stripped of his Tour de France victories. He then dismissed Tiger Woods harshly, and this was before Woods' infidelity and career crashed.
- Misaimed Fandom: Many critics of SJW consider him as a symbol of critique against Political Correctness Gone Mad, ignoring his activism and support for causes that their target themselves supported, namely Vietnam War activism and railing against anti-abortion stances. Not to mention that he died before the term Social Justice Warrior was even coined and that there was a lot of political correctness from the other side back then.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: While usually done for laughs or as part of an angry rant, Carlin often made some great points in his shows.
If we still called it "shell shock" [instead of "post-traumatic stress disorder,"] I'll bet you those soldiers would have gotten the help they needed.