- Alternate Character Interpretation: You can critically screw up the beginning race and due to the plot still become an internet hit, with Patrick Callahan wanting to fund you. It's easy to interpret your internet display as a popular comedy video, with Callahan wanting to capitalize on you before you kill yourself.
- Fandom Berserk Button: Don't ever, ever say that GRID 2 is better than the first GRID to the fandom. Just don't.
- First Installment Wins: It is pretty much agreed that the first GRID is better than GRID 2.
- Magnum Opus: Either the first installment or Autosport. Although there is a Vocal Minority saying that GRID 2 is this.
- Memetic Mutation:
- That One Boss: Ravenwest. They're almost perfect with their cornering, acceleration, and they seem to be either in the pole position or in the middle in the start of each race. Regardless of difficultynote , if you make any apex mistakes such as improper cornering and slipping off the road or if you don't drive aggressively, 9 times out of 10 one of the Ravenwest members will overtake you or overtaking them for the first three positions will be almost impossible.
- That One Level: 24 Hour Le Mans (a 12-15 minute endurance race). You can do it in actual 24 hour if your bladder feels hardcore enough.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: GRID 2. Poor, poor GRID 2. Not only it has been bashed to near-Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 levels, it has received a lot of flak from the beginning for of the absence of cockpit view, because, according to Codemasters, only 5 percent of the GRID players used it. Now that the game's out, the other major complaint is that the game feels more arcade-y than the first game, thus disappointing the fans that expected and preferred the handling of the original.
- Upon the release of GRID 2's SDK, some fans took it upon themselves, adding cockpit view back in or change the cars' handling.