For the webcomic:
For the musical:
- One-Scene Wonder: Betty Blast, who delivers this gem:
Cranston! Your pick-up truck is in the handicapped parking, which is a space we reserve for people with physical, not emotional, disabilities.
For the 1984 film:
- Awesome Music: "Holding Out for a Hero"
- Breakaway Pop Hit: Disputable with the main song, but probably with "Holding Out for a Hero" from the soundtrack.
- Critical Dissonance: Though the film received mixed reviews, it made ten times its budget, becoming one of the most successful movies of 1984.
- Ear Worm: You may not know all the words, but odds are, as soon as you opened this page, you were humming the main tune.
- Fridge Logic:
- How come nobody thought to challenge the dancing/music prohibition in court on the grounds of violating the first amendment?
- Where did they find a DJ in a town where rock music and dancing are illegal? You wouldn't think there'd be much call for someone to spin tunes for an audience.
- Maybe drove to recruit one from the next town over?
- Memetic Mutation: "I thought this was a party! Let's daaaaance!"
- Narm Charm: One of the key draws of the movie.
For the 2011 film:
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks: A common complaint about the remake