- Base Breaker: The Art Evolution of FAKE II which has a lot of fans upset with the changes to Dee and Ryo's facial features. Many found it a welcome change while many found it unfitting and preferred the old designs.
- Die for Our Ship: J.J and Berkley are more or less often hated for getting in the way of Dee/Ryo.
- And while Bikky is a Bratty Half-Pint, some fanfic writers completely flanderize him into a downright evil Jerk Ass.
- Considering that everyone who has ever read the series knew Ryo and Dee would end up together from page 1, you would think the shippers would be less keen to gun down a Romantic False Lead or the Moment Killer. ... Aaaand you would be wrong.
- Ear Worm: The OAV's opening is dangerously catchy.
- Narm Charm: Almost criminally unprofessional law enforcement engaging in homoerotic hi-jinx, soap operatics that would put the best of South America to shame, and a 10-year-old tazing a friggin' bear? All improbable, insane, and completely awesome.