- Alternative Character Interpretation: The ending where you side with the Anti-Paladins seems to run on this, since it implies that the Duchess intended to betray and eliminate the Awesome Fellowship all along, which in turn implies that her marriage to Embric was a trick intended to get her into a position where she could eliminate the Awesome Fellowship so they'd stop destablizing the region.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The Ancient Scotch sidequest. It starts with drinking a random bottle of scotch in the treasury, devolves into issues of Demonic Possession and Cosmic Horror Story in a game that otherwise tends not to touch such material in even its darkest moments, then ends abruptly without any explanation. And unlike nearly everything else in the game it never comes up again... outside of a brief discussion and sort-of explanation in the Final Ending.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Upon finding a Pink Ribbon in a jug:
"It really is tragic what happens to jugs when one does not regularly get them checked out."
- Evil Is Sexy: Carmina's noted to be extremely attractive, and naked.
- Also subverted. She's been trapped in her cell with minimal food for a long period of time. Her sexiness is purely an illusion to satisfy her own vanity.
- Most Annoying Sound: The Nereid's call.
- Paranoia Fuel: A large majority of the people in the castle either know more than they're letting on, are forming a conspiracy, or are actually monsters of some sort in disguise.