YMMV: El Cid
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Even if Rodrigo/Cid caught a BIG Idiot Ball as described below, the fact that he made his own lord-of-liege swear by God that he didn't have anything to do with his older brother's death was ballsy.
- He was being asked to swear fealty to a man who could be a fratricide. It was a brave thing to do, but he may have felt he had no honorable choice.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Miklós Rózsa's main theme.
- What an Idiot: Rodrigo not even trying to meet Alfonso and Uracca half way when it comes to their conflict with Sancho. Really Cid? Would it have killed you to at least try to talk to Sancho, dissuade him from beating up on his younger siblings, spare Spain from Civil War and all that jazz? Even if you ultimately chose not to fight for either sibling you could at least try mediating.
- Rodrigo refusing to have the arrow taken out at the end of the film, which ultimately gets him killed.