YMMV: ef - a fairy tale of the two.
- Die for Our Ship: There is quite the hate towards Kei for getting in between Hiro and Miyako. Never mind that Kei eventually ends up with Kyousuke anyway.
- First Installment Wins: While fans acknowledge that A Tale of Melodies is excellent (at least if they weren't squicked out by the May-December Romance), A Tale of Memories tends to get better reviews.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Viewers who feel uncomfortable with Kuze and Mizuki's May-December Romance may even feel more uncomfortable when they learn that Kuze's English voice actor, Illich Guardiola, was arrested in May 2014 for having a relationship with a 16-year-old girl.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Caught the scene in memories episode 9 where Miyako holds a Big Dango Family phone card? Both Miyako and Nagisa would be voiced a few years later in English by Luci Christian. Both series were also licensed by Sentai Filmworks.
- Moe: The amnesia-fueled, eye-patchy kind.
- Narm: The scene in episode 11 where Renji and Chihiro finish their date by kissing and then having sex in the rooftop of the school loses quite a part of its emotion when you see Chihiro's clothes neatly and primorously folded on the floor, as if they were just ready for morning use. Waaaaay to distract the viewer from all of the dramatic tension there.
- The Woobie: Damn near everybody, but Chihiro and Yuu get it the worst.