YMMV: Eden of the East
- Base Breaker: The films. Seriously, everything about them was incredibly divisive. There are certain fans who enjoyed them and thought they brought about a more satisfying ending to the series, and fans who thought they were a ridiculous, pandering mess.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Falling Down" by Oasis.
- Ear Worm:
- Catch the wheel that breaks the butterfly...
- A dying scream makes no sound...
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Panties, for sure.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In Episode 8, Itazu/Panties calls Takizawa a Hipster for wearing old fashioned clothes, years before that insult became popular to describe those kind of people.
- Magnificent Bastard: He's got one plan after another to try and "save" Japan from missile attacks to overthrowing the government, Mononobe is a cunning man in his own right.
- Memetic Mutation: "This episode had some of the best cinematic timing I have ever seen in anime." - Episode 11.