- Moment of Awesome:
Dylan: "THE ANGEL OF VENGEANCE HAS RETURNED! AND NOW HE HAS A SWORD!!!"
- Dylan's encounter with Xabaras at the end of "Morgana". He picks up a broadsword from the wall and beheads Xabaras. Sadly, he got better thanks to Morgana.
- Also all the last part of volume 100. Alias Dylan, the Good side of Xabaras and Morgana kicking the shit out of the zombie minions of Xabaras, who is eventually vanquished.
- Nightmare Fuel: It's a horror comic, what did you expect?
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: To the series' credit, they did drop them.
- Tear Jerker: "Johnny Freak". Johnny is a deaf, abandoned child without legs, found by Dylan. The child displays amazing intelligence (he learned how to read lips and to speak, albeit badly) artistic abilities, and forms a bond with Dylan and Groucho. Then things go downhill as his origins are revealed: he's the illegitimate son of the Arkham family, born deaf but otherwise healthy, while his legitimate brother Dougal was born with a degenerative illness. The Arkhams then used Johnny's organs and limbs to replace his brother's when they started failing, while otherwise keeping Johnny trapped in the basement. For years. How the story ends? Dougal shoots Johnny because he loathes him as a "freak", then has a heart attack. As Dylan is at Johnny's death bed, Johnny's last request to him is to give his heart to Dougal in order to save him. Dylan almost refuses to do so, but can't bring himself to betray what is effectively his own son.
- The Untwist: Lampshaded in an issue where an ex policewoman is haunted by what seems to be the ghost of a criminal she helped capture and execute. When Dylan suggests it may be a twin who wants to avenge his dead brother, Bloch replies he's not heard such a trite idea since '48. In the end it turns out it was a band of six twins.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Most fans like to pretend the 2010 movie never existed.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Brandon Routh, fresh from playing one iconic superhero, plays a Captain Ersatz of John Constantine here before moving on to The Atom. That's 3 for DC Comics in a row. Even more hilarious, all three roles are wearing blue and red.
- Peter Stormare plays a character called Gabriel, a name from Constantine which also starred Stormare as the Devil!