YMMV: Dennis the Menace
- Bizarro Episode: The episode Trembly Assembly in the 1986 series.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The last episode shown before Joseph Kearns's death was about Mr. Wilson's will.
- So Bad, It's Good: The 1986 series has an in-universe example. In "The Price of Stardom", Dennis becomes the prop man for a Heidi-esque play starring Margaret and Mr. Wilson. During the performance, Dennis turns on a giant fan, has Mr. Wilson dress in a swimsuit for a costume change, drops a bag of fake snow on Margaret and opens a trap door that Mr. Wilson happens to be standing on at the time. The audience laughs throughout the entire performance and cheers when the play ends.
- The Problem with Licensed Games: Yep, there was a video game for the Super Nintendo, based on the 1993 film. Everything about it was messed up, from the controls to the graphics (Mr. Wilson especially looks horrible). The Game Grumps had a ball with it.
- Unintentionally Sympathetic: It's hard not to feel bad for Mr. Wilson, especially just after the bloom scene.
- The Scrappy: Dennis in the film for some. Mostly for the fact that he's more irritating than in the TV series, and the fact that he has a very squeaky voice than can be annoying and/or irritating (despite rumors, the little boy playing Dennis was not dubbed by June Foray - that is his actual voice which was just high pitched and awkward sounding).