YMMV: Defenders of the Earth
- Angst? What Angst?: Rick fails to save his mother, and she is executed right before his eyes. Five minutes later he's perfectly fine, and laughing at Zuffy's antics. Then he learns that her memories and personality were imprinted on a crystal. He cheerfully decides to use her as a CPU. Flash is perfectly cool with this as well.
- Anvilicious: In a few episodes, the kids ended up realizing how drugs and alcohol are really, really, really bad things.
- Awesome Music/Ear Worm: The theme song, whose lyrics are by none other than Stan Lee.
- Ethnic Scrappy: Mandrake The Magician had an adopted Asian son named Kshin. Fans were not pleased.
- Foe Yay: In "The Golden Queen, Part 1", a villainness approaches a sleeping Jedda and comments on her beauty. Censors didn't notice. Wanna read something even more squicky? Said villainness had just married the Phantom.
- Nightmare Fuel: What happened to Doctor Dark's face after his apparent Disney Villain Death in his first episode, and his gruesome death in his second.
- The Scrappy: Zuffy.
- Tear Jerker: Dale's death and Flash and Rick's reactions to it.
Flash: Wherever you go, Ming, I will find you.
- Uncanny Valley: Kala in "Flesh and Blood".