YMMV: Death Wish
- Awesome Music: The soundtracks for 2 and 3. It is to be expected when you have Jimmy Page being the composer.
- Complete Monster: Manny Fraker from the third film trumps all others in psychotic evil. Introduced in prison when he informs the hero Paul Kersey he's going to "kill a little old lady, just for you later," Fraker is soon out of prison and on to ruling the streets with an iron fist. Anyone who so much as looks at his gang wrong end up dead, and he orders several horrible murders, and one event has a woman brutally raped, later dying from her injuries. Fraker kills Kersey's love interest by pushing her into traffic before blowing her up as well.
- Contested Sequel: Death Wish 3. It has a negative critical reception, but it has a positive fan reception. The reason for both is because the movie is So Bad, It's Good.
- Cult Classic: Death Wish 3.
- Early Installment Weirdness: the original is a gritty, realistic, look at urban decay and out of control crime in major American cities during the era. The movie was such a hit largely because it embodied the feelings of many honest citizens at the time. In the end there is no dramatic showdown with the men who killed his wife and raped his daughter, they simply disappear into the city and Paul will never know who they were. There's little graphic violence, but what there is is very disturbing. Nothing in the movie could be defined as gratuitous. The sequels all follow all the cliches avoided in the original.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The movies are very popular in Mexico, to the grade the Spanish title of the movie, El Vengador Anonimo (The Anonymous Avenger) is synonymous of a cop who fights crime outside the law.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The killers in the first film targeting Kersey' s wife and daughter after spotting them in the grocery store and following them home. 33 years later, this is exactly how the horrific rape and murder of Dr. William Petit' s wife and daughters began.
- Narm: So many moments in 3.
- So Bad, It's Good: Death Wish 3.
- The Woobie: Kersey's poor daughter just could not catch a break...