YMMV: De cape et de crocs
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Let's see, taking over the galley, finding a way to comandeer the Flying Dutchman (it involves a mast, lots of rope, and a giant squid), FIGHTING OFF A FISH THE SIZE OF A CITY DURING A THUNDERSTORM, and so many more...
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The pirates and their panic attacks. The 17th-century rap battle (yes, you read that right) as well.
- After 10 tomes, the pay-off of Lope and Kader's duel - the winner is the last to laugh, non-violent Moon-style.
- The play the characters are forced to act in for the Selenite court.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Eusèbe the Rabbit, from the word of the author himself. To the point he'll get a two-book prequel telling how he ended up in a galley.
- Foe Yay: Lope and Mademoiselle.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Captain Boone being frustrated that nobody calls him by his title is reminiscent of another pirate captain's Insistent Terminology...
- Schedule Slip: Up to two years between books. Lampshaded at one point when Armand, who was in a cooking pot at the end of the last book, notes "It feels like I've been cooking in here for a year!"
- Tear Jerker: The end of Book 8.