YMMV: Danger 5
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Kilroy in "Final Victory".
- Crosses the Line Twice: Series 2 amps up the dark humor considerably, and beautifully. The last episode ends with Pierre sleeping with a woman. Her husband comes in, shoots them both, then himself. The camera closes in on Pierre's body, making it seem like he's just faking his death and will come back to life... he doesn't.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Pierre appears to be a parody of this. A straighter example would be Mckenzie, Pierre's Lion butler from season 2.
- Ho Yay: Pierre and Tucker.
"Remember we all love you, Pte. Detroit. Like a lover."
- The US soldiers in "Lizard Soldiers of the Third Reich".
- Jackson takes it even further in series 2.
- Magnificent Bastard: Hitler to a tee. He managed to get Atlantis on his side, went undercover both in an American high school and the FBI, killed SATAN and made himself immortal.
- Seasonal Rot: While series 2 still got very positive reception, it is more or less agreed that it is less entertaining than series 1 due to relying on overdone 80's cliches rather than the relatively untouched 60's ones and dedicating a large amount of screen time to intentional scrappy Holly.
- The Scrappy: Parodied with Kilroy.
- Parodied again with Holly, a cringe-inducingly obnoxious teenage brat played completely straight who serves only as The Load that the rest of the team need to constantly supervise and with Complete Immortality guaranteeing that she'll never die. All in all this makes the rest of the team hate her guts to the point where they all groan when she's forced to wear the fifth power ring.
- The Woobie:
- Tucker. He'd do anything for Claire, but is constantly getting pushed away. When they do finally get married, she's killed and he's left grieving.
- Jackson is a bit of an Iron Woobie. He's constantly being strung along by Ilsa while she has numerous flings with evil men right in front of him. It gets worse in season 2, where he's constantly plagued with Vietnam flashbacks and ends up getting raped by his archnemesis wearing a mask shaped like Ilsa's face while the real Ilsa laughs at him.