YMMV / Conan the Barbarian (2011)
- Awesome Moments: Everytime Conan fights, it's with the skill and ferocity that one imagines when reading the original Howard stories.
- There's also the battle at the beginning. The Cimmerians are outnumbered, but they fight and fight well.
- Heartwarming Moments: Conan's father exudes this, leading up to this tearjerker.
Young Conan: (holding a chain that's keeping a small bucket of molten metal from falling on his father as their house/forge burns) I'm not afraid to die!
Conan's dad: Nor I.... I love you, son. (pulls with all his strength so the molten metal kills him and his son has no more reason to stay and burn)
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Jason Momoa plays Conan, a Cimmerian, descendant of Atlantean colonists. Fast-forward to 2017, he plays Aquaman, a.k.a. King Orin of Atlantis, in Justice League. Even before all of this, he played the alien warrior Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Mask of Acheron (with its writhing tentacles and puckered mouth sucking up blood) and the massive aquatic beast the Dweller.