- Crowning Music of Awesome: The ED sounds like Queen led by a small Japanese girl.
- Also the OP, from the same group (Round Table ft. Nino) that did the Welcome to the NHK! OP.
- The Dark Chi Theme. It that makes you feel not just the suspense of action sequences, but truly the emotion behind them too. Not only is it beautifully composed, but the musical flow typically goes PERFECTLY with whatever scene it's set against. Be it Chii's defending herself against Dragonfly or Hedeki rushing into a Hopeless Bossfight in order to play an RPG together with her. It's never inappropriate when used and it's always the perfect choice for the scene.
- Yasashisa no Shouzou; a soft, slow piano and violin tune that manages to be sad, happy and sentimental all at the same time. Ususally popping up in soft, emotional or sentimental scenes, the song is a Tear Jerker on it's own.
- Deader Than Disco: This used to be one of CLAMP's most popular manga, to the point that you couldn't go to any anime-related website without seeing either official or fanmade art of Chii. Now it's mostly remembered for its writing problems.
- Ear Worm: Doo doo do doo yeah. Doo doo do doo yeah. Doo doo do doo Let me be with you.
- Fandom Berserk Button: Referring to Freya as "Dark Chi(i)" (though she was called that a lot before her actual name was revealed) gets some fans riled up. Also, the Chi/Chii debate can be an issue for some.
- Freud Was Right: Freya has an Electra Complex. She fell in love with her father/creator, choosing him as "the someone just for her," and felt very sad seeing him spending time with her mother.
- Les Yay: With Chi's other self, her twin sister Freya.
- Memetic Mutation:
"Um, because she's hot?""Oh, right."
- Moe: Oh, Chi...So sweet and innocent and adorable.
- Squick: Your tolerance for this series depends on how disturbing you find the premise.
- Chi looks sixteen, acts like she's eight years old, and has No Nudity Taboo. It makes every moment of her nudity that much more awkward.
- Chi's relationship with Hideki is played up as being "pure" and "innocent", but Chi is still heavily dependent on Hideki for many things and is as naive as a child. More often than not, they're more like Father and Daughter than anything else.
- A lot of Chi's clothes come from Ms. Hibiya because Chi/Elda and Freya were built by her husband to be their surrogate daughters since she was infertile.
- Minoru is 12, may not have parents, and is such a genius he knows how to build persocoms. Yuzuki is in a super modest maid's costume but his other four persocoms...are all busty women dressed in maid outfits so fetish they're essentially in bras or corsets with garter belts and a frilly apron. Minoru tells Hidelki they're "only computers" and not to get so aroused, nor that they put out. note
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: One of the biggest bones of contention with this series is that it has no idea what it wants to be. The story ricochets from funny to serious to romantic so many times that the story eventually collapses under its own weight. And don't get started on the ending.