YMMV: Charlie Murder
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Whether you side with either Charlie or Paul is all dependent on how you interpretate them. Both of them have their own issues, but neither can be defined as wholly good or wholly evil.
- Awesome Music: All of it, especially the tracks by the eponymous Punk Rock band. The music for the character select screen and first flashback deserves special mention.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The good ending in spades. From Charlie and Kelly getting married to Charlie and Paul finally making amends for their wrongdoings.
- Good Bad Bugs: There's a glitch where you can get two of Smockula's pieces within the same boss fight. This is perfect for giving one to a friend so they could achieve the good ending.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Twin Scenelords. They are slender, grotesque monstrosities that will ABSORB YOUR ATTACKS if you don't hit the right one at the right time. Their music, not officially released on the soundtrack, is also creepy on its own. A phonograph playing a scratchy record player straight out of the Uncanny Valley.
- The Camp Falconbats level. Your character(s) start tripping on acid and have infinite chainsaws and shotguns. Sounds cool, right? Then you enter an insane asylum that looks seemingly empty, before some of the Lady in Tatters' dolls drop down screaming at you. And at the end of the level, it is revealed that you have been killing hippies the entire time, rather messily. The lone survivor tries to run away from you, until he trips and is impaled through the head by a log protruding from the ground.
- Player Punch: The "Bad Ending" as described below, which plays after you kill Lord Mortimer.
- Tear Jerker: The "Bad Ending" credits. Showing Charlie and Paul growing up as best friends since babyhood. Then it's just Paul. And finally, an empty couch. The song doesn't help.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Paul Bitterman has reasons for being, well, bitter. He was replaced by Lester and kicked out of the band once they made it big, lost his best friend he's known since birth, and the band continued to (unknowingly) sabotage his solo project. All of this causes him to go off the deep end and try to murder Charlie Murder with his own band and uprising a Zombie Apocalypse.