Tropers Online: 5,320
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Bride of the Monster
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: It wouldn't be an Ed Wood film without one. This one ends with a nuclear explosion for no reason at all, except for executive producer Donald McCoy insisting the film end with one.
- Ham and Cheese: Lugosi, in his final speaking role, no less.
- Memetic Mutation: "He tampered in God's domain." — it became virtually a Catch Phrase in future experiments.
- So Bad, It's Good: Even with the overuse of Stock Footage, hammy acting, and Special Effects Failure, Bride is reasonably coherent and watchable. It's no worse than most of the other B-movies of The Fifties.
- Special Effects Failure: The octopus stands out.
- Tear Jerker: Despite the shitty dialog and plot, Bela Lugosi still shows his acting chops and goes out in style.