- Covered Up: "We've Got Tonight" was covered up by Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: At Seger's last show at the Palace of Auburn Hills in his 2011 spring tour, his children Cole and Samantha joined him on stage during the song, "Tryin' to Live My Life Without You", playing saxophone and tambourine (respectively). It's especially poignant in that Cole, who had been known by fans as the cute baby boy on the back of Seger's first Greatest Hits album, was now a graduating senior in high school.
- Epic Riff: "Night Moves", "Mainstreet"
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: On Seger's first big hit, "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" (1969), he sings "funky" so that it sounds for all the world like an F-bomb.
Gotta keep movin', never gonna slow down
You can have your funky world, see ya 'round!
- Signature Song: "Old Time Rock and Roll" thanks to the Risky Business dance.