- Alternative Character Interpretation: The old man who leads the main characters to the hidden Bloodsport arena in Kowloon excitedly gives the thumbs-up and says, "Ok, USA!". This is supposed to be an example of pro-Americanism but considering the guy is leading the Americans into an arena where they could be beaten to death in front of a roaring crowd... perhaps not so much.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Many songs from the soundtrack, but the crowning one has to be Stan Bush's "Fight to Survive".
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Paco the Muay Thai fighter is the one fighter asides from Dux, Jackson, and Chong Li to be shown with a personality, a cocky, aggressive, somewhat dirty fighter who's also shown dominating in his fights, making it all the way to the semis to eventually face Dux.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Some fans actually consider Bloodsport closer to a faithful live-action adaptation of Street Fighter. Whereas the actual Street Fighter film, which came years later, was so campy and poorly scripted that no one took it seriously.
- Moral Event Horizon: If curbstomping Jackson wasn't bad enough, Chong Li kills his semi-final opponent as a threat to Dux.
- Even if you were willing to let that pass, the fact that Li was willing to cheat by blinding Frank, rather than face him Man to Man was pretty disgusting.
- Narm Charm
- Tear Jerker: When Chong Li blinds Dux. The powder alone looks painful enough, but when Dux realizes he is blind and let's out an agonizing scream, it sounds genuinely heartwrenching. He does win the fight and get his sight back, but it's still pretty sad.