YMMV: Beat the Clock
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: When the animated "Hickory, Dickory, Dock" opening was introduced on December 20, 1952, the animation was followed by shots of people laughing against a dark background. The laughing segment was perhaps meant to convey the show's silliness and good fun, but came off instead the wrong way to a lot of viewers, and since it simply added unneeded time to the theme it was removed on February 14, 1953. Also counts as Nightmare Fuel.
- Memetic Mutation: The British version gave rise to the risqué slang "Beat the clock", referring to an attempt to complete A Date with Rosie Palms before the five free minutes at the start of the porn film end.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks:
- The switch to all-celebrities on the Hall version, a mere two months into its four-and-a-half month run.
- The PAX version used a digital Clock for most of its stunts (the Whirlwind had a more physical Clock), threw out a lot of the gunge, and...well, if even a stunt show feels like the stakes are too low, you have a problem.