YMMV: Attack the Block
- Crazy Awesome: Only explanation for how Hi-Hatz survived in the elevator.
- Cult Classic: Despite getting screwed by the studio, Attack the Block received high praise from critics and has a devoted following.
- Designated Hero: After first meeting the gang by seeing them violently mug a helpless woman, it can be tricky to accept them as our heroes.
- Their defense/apology to Sam that they wouldn't have mugged her if they knew she lived in the block falls pretty flat.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Probs and Mayhem.
- Brewis as well.
- Idiot Plot: Had they not killed the first alien at the beginning of the movie, the cast probably would have had to go through all this and they'd all still be alive. Even the other characters call out Moses for making a very stupid decision. Though, on the other hand, not killing it would have meant the aliens could breed. In which case we'd probably be calling Moses What an Idiot for not killing it before they could spread.
- Memetic Mutation: I think it's safe to say a lot of the slang was mimicked after the movie came out. Trust.
- That's an alien, bruv, believe it!
- Believe, bruv.
- Allow it.
- Moral Event Horizon: Hi-Hatz crosses this line when he still tries to kill Moses even after he sees the aliens himself.
- Squick : Just before the camera cuts away from Hi-Hatz being killed by the aliens, there's a lovely shot of the lower half of his face being ripped off as he screams.
- Tear Jerker: Moses and the girls mourn the death of Dennis.
"Actions have consequences, you know. Everywhere you go bad things happen. Stay away from us, Moses."
- The worst part is you never even see the state of the body, just the reactions of everyone, especially Moses.
- The Woobie: Brewis