YMMV: Andy Capp
- Values Dissonance: Andy is a wife beater, which was Played for Laughs.
- Well, Flo thought nothing of fighting back, and she did rather well, too.
- Why Would Anyone Take Him Back?: Even Flo doesn't always know. For that matter, given the apparent lovelessness of their marriage, why does Andy bother going back?
- The Italian version of the strip calls Andy and his wife, respectively, Carlo and Alice, and is even named after them.
- In Sweden, their names are Viktor and Vivan, respecively, since it's less English-sounding.