- Alternate Character Interpretation: Piccolo is far from serious in Alternate Reality. He is extremely energetic and is also a hardcore Celine Dion fan.
- Gohan is considered extremely weak and wussy.
- Raditz is a car salesman and has a very dopey voice. He is also strong enough to kill Cell instead of Gohan.
- Dodoria seems to act like a child.
- King Cold looks forward to meeting Frieza's friends instead of helping Frieza kill the Z-Fighters. After Mecha Frieza's death, King Cold says "Thank you for killing Lord Freezer Brain and leaves, which is extremely unlike his character.
- Doore from Cooler's Revenge and Return of Cooler has a personality similar to Nappa's from Dragon Ball Z Abridged. Not only that, they are voiced by the same exact person. Both of them annoy the hell out of their masters.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: There are random flashbacks that have no relevance to the current episode, especially the later ones. The Buu saga is full of them.
- Any sudden appearance of "Parenting with Vegeta". It even interrupted Vegeta during the Saiyan Saga retelling. He got pissed.
- ANY appearance of King Cold in Episode 38. Trunks even comments that his presence is more random than a flashback about Vegeta.
- Episodes 26 and 53.
- Episode 26 has to do with Cell and Frieza setting up a bomb to destroy the Earth. Then it goes from Piccolo getting confused about human genders, Gozar punching a stuffed duck, Dabura doing women's aerobics, Piccolo getting a Big Mac, Vegeta's flashback about his mustache phase, then leading to the bomb blowing up. First comes a dud Parenting with Vegeta, then when the bomb continues, it turns out the bomb itself was a dud too. It turns out it was Vegeta' birthday. Frieza says that him and Cell would never set up a bomb.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Raditz showing up out of the blue to defeat Cell in only a few seconds.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Vegeta's Christmas present to Gozar: A phone call from a DBZ Voice Actor. Three guesses who it is...
Kyle Hebert: "This is Kyle Hebert, I'm the voice of Teen Gohan from Dragon Ball Z. Kinda heard through the grapevine that you've been, uh, talking smack about my character. I just like to tell ya that you suck. Gohan happens to be a great character. In fact, one of the greatest characters ever created! And you'd be lucky if he gave you the time of day, dude! So why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here! Get a life you loser! Oh, and thanks for watching!"
Vegeta: WOMAN! MAKE ME BROWNIES!!!
- Pretty much anything Vegeta says.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Raditz, who was a ruthless and overconfident villain in Dragon Ball Z, shows to be a kind brother when he gives Goku energy for the spirit bomb for him to use against Kid Buu. He says that Goku has changed so much since they first met.
- Ensemble Darkhorse- Vegeta.
- Ho Yay - Krillin and Nail, though one-sided on Nail's part.
- Hilarious in Hindsight- In mid-2008, Gozar made two episodes of the now cancelled One Piece Abridged. In it, he used his Gohan voice for Luffy. Almost two years later, young Gohan's voice in Dragon Ball Kai was done by Colleen Clinkenbeard, the voice actor who did the Funimation version of Luffy.
- Vegeta asks if Jeiece came from some kind of Space Australia, guess what series would later use that as his home planet.
- The gag about Goku being gay for Cell becomes this after Dragon Ball Z Abridged started a running gag about Goku being attracted to Cell.
- The running gag about Gohan being a Memetic Loser after Dragon Ball Super had Gohan go through a massive Badass Decay.
- The epilogue of the Buu Saga retelling has Goku expressing confusion over who Tarble was, which was a referenced to the then-recently released Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return. In Dragon Ball Super, the Battle of Gods arc left out the mention of Tarble, which has led some to wonder if he was Exiled from Continuity.
- No Yay - Goku and Cell
- "Seinfeld" Is Unfunny: This was once considered the definitive Dragon Ball parody until it got overshadowed by Dragon Ball Z Abridged. Not helping matters was the Schedule Slip, which led to the planned final episode not being made.
- Tear Jerker: Not so much a Tear Jerker as it is disappointing, but Gozar's falling out with Team Four Star.
- Gozar deciding to quit making the series and ultimately leaving YouTube for good after his channel was removed was surely this for the fans.
YMMV / Alternate Reality DBZ
Back to Alternate Reality DBZ