YMMV / A Raisin in the Sun
- Base-Breaking Character:
- Beneatha is either intelligent and ambitious or selfish and stuck-up.
- Walter Lee can be realistic and understandable to some while selfish and stupid to others. He seems to lean just a fair bit of amount more towards The Scrappy though.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Walter's drunken reaction to the playing of Beneatha's African record in the 1961 film could qualify.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: At the very end of the play, when the family was about to lose their dignity, Walter reverses this and decides to remain strong without outside help.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: There are some readers who like Mama for being the glue that holds the family together. Mama is understanding and never gives up on her children, as some point out.
- Narm: From the 1961 film, it's a little hard to take Karl Lindner seriously. Mainly because when he opens his mouth, most people can only think of Piglet.
- Retroactive Recognition: Anyone who saw this play at the Apollo Theater in the early 80's might have seen a 12-year-old Tupac Shakur playing Travis.
- Tear Jerker: "And I'll be fine! Fine! Fine!