The The Adventures of Tintin
series is chock full of woobies.
- Tchang, especially after his crashing in the Tibet.
- Zorrino in Prisonners of the Sun.
- The Indians in Tintin in America.
- Everyone who was given that madness-inducing poison in Cigars of the Pharaoh and The Blue Lotus. Especially Sarcophagus and the young man who developed an obsession with decapitation.
- The seven members of the expedition in The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun, kept in a state of And I Must Scream by a xenophobic offshoot of the Incas.
- Frank Wolff. Trapped into becoming The Mole because of his gambling debts, and is horrified to learn Colonel Boris' real objective. Ultimately sacrifices himself to get the others safely home.
- The Gypsies in The Castafiore Emerald.