Anna Kendrick (born August 9, 1985) is an American actress best known for her role in Pitch Perfect. She also was nominated for an Oscar for Up in the Air and played Jessica in the Twilight movies.A native of Maine, she started her career on Broadway at 12, travelling to New York on Greyhound coaches (with only her 14-year-old brother as chaperone since her parents were too busy to drive her) and eventually got herself a Tony Award nominated role in High Society.With a long background in theater, she is a very capable singer and has been consistently met with praise for her onscreen charisma and acting chops. Also has a very supportive mother who has a habit of aggressively calling distributors in order to get Anna's indie films shown in her hometown - and if she's successful then going with "throngs of friends" to make sure the movie does well.
Her works include:
- Camp - Fritzi Wagner
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Stacey Pilgrim
- Up in the Air - Natalie Keener
- 50/50 - Katherine McKay
- Pitch Perfect - Beca Mitchell
- ParaNorman - Courtney Babcock
- End of Watch - Janet
- Twilight - Jessica Stanley
- What to Expect When You're Expecting - Rosie Brennan
- Drinking Buddies - Jill
- Into the Woods - Cinderella
- The Voices - Lisa
- Rapture Palooza - Lindsey Lewis
- Mr. Right - Martha
- Cake (2014) - Nina Collins
- Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - Alice
- Trolls - Poppy
- The Accountant - Dana Cummings
This actress provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms/Covert Pervert: She once tweeted a joke about masturbating at the back of a cinema to Ryan Gosling in Gangster Squad.
- Guilty Pleasures: She once discussed her shameful obsession with Taco Bell in this interview with Conan O'Brien.
- Deadpan Snarker: Go have a look at her twitter account."For someone with such an intense need to be liked you'd think I would have figured out how to be less of an asshole."
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Aubrey Plaza, as evidenced here and here.
- When I'm Gone Song: Her massive hit single "Cups", aka "When I'm Gone", featured in the soundtrack to Pitch Perfect.