Anna Cooke Kendrick (born August 9, 1985) is an American actress best known for her role in Pitch Perfect. She also was nominated for an Oscar for Up in the Air and played Jessica in the Twilight movies.A native of Maine, she started her career on Broadway at 12, travelling to New York on Greyhound coaches (with only her 14-year-old brother as chaperone since her parents were too busy to drive her) and eventually got herself a Tony Award nominated role in High Society.With a long background in theater, she is a very capable singer and has been consistently met with praise for her onscreen charisma and acting chops. Also has a very supportive mother who has a habit of aggressively calling distributors in order to get Anna's indie films shown in her hometown - and if she's successful then going with "throngs of friends" to make sure the movie does well.She wrote her autobigraphical essays that compiled into a book, titled Scrappy Little Nobody. It was published on November 2016.
Her works include:
- Camp - Fritzi Wagner
- Twilight - Jessica Stanley
- Up in the Air - Natalie Keener
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Stacey Pilgrim
- 50/50 - Katherine McKay
- What to Expect When You're Expecting - Rosie Brennan
- ParaNorman - Courtney Babcock
- End of Watch - Janet
- Pitch Perfect - Beca Mitchell
- Drinking Buddies - Jill
- Rapture Palooza - Lindsey Lewis
- The Voices - Lisa
- Cake (2014) - Nina Collins
- Into the Woods – Cinderella
- Mr. Right - Martha
- Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - Alice
- Trolls - Poppy
- The Accountant - Dana Cummings
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (one episode) - President Warren G. Harding's mistress
This actress' work provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Her characters tend to be this in most of her movies. Her performances in 50/50 and Up in the Air are the prime examples to the point where she eventually manages to defrost the protagonists by her natural charm.
- Older Than They Look: Her characters are frequently this, even Lampshaded several times in her movies.
- In 50/50, She's playing a therapist, and one of her patients compares her to Doogie Howser, M.D..
- In Cake (2014), she’s playing a character several years older than her actual age, and after finding this discovery, a main female character in the movie expresses her disbelief, saying that she (Kendrick’s character) looks younger.
- "When I'm Gone" Song: Her massive hit single "Cups", aka "When I'm Gone", featured in the soundtrack to Pitch Perfect.