was a 1989 Animated Anthology
series released by Claster Television, inc. and producted by DIC Entertainment
. Airing in syndication in the United States, the show served as the umbrella for three series. In addition to Maxie's World
(the lead series), the show also included rebroadcasts of two series produced earlier in the 1980s: Beverly Hills Teens
and the animated version of Punky Brewster
- The title cartoon, based on the Maxie line of dolls produced by Hasbro (as a competitor to Mattel's Barbie). The title character was a beautiful 17-year-old high school senior who was Miss Everything at Surfside High School (in an unnamed community, presumably in southern California) who also produced her own daily afternoon TV talk show. Maxie's World was the only new series of the bunch.
- Beverly Hills Teens, a 1987 series featuring exaggeratedly wealthy teenagers from Beverly Hills, California.
- Punky Brewster, the 1985-1986 animated adaptation of the popular NBC Dom Com series starring Soleil Moon Frye in the title role. The only non-DIC Entertainment series of the bunch, Punky Brewster was produced by Ruby-Spears Productions.
The cartoons were shown on a rotating basis, with Maxie getting multiple airings each week.
While distributed nationally during the 1989-1990 season, reruns continued to be aired by local stations throughout the 1990s. All three shows had selected episodes released on VHS to the home video network, but only Punky Brewster
and half of the Beverly Hills Teens
made it to DVD as of 2013.
- Rearrange the Song: The intro to Beverly Hills Teens was shortened to approximately 20 seconds.
- Three Shorts: Followed the classic A-B-A, with the Punky Brewster and Beverly Hills Teens shorts being rotated.