Gogs is a Welsh claymation revolving around the lives of a family of cave-people, presented originally as 5-minute episodes that were later agglutinated into 10-minute ones for the VHS release.
The show relied on slapstick and toilet humour for its comedy, and characters 'talk' only in grunts, yells, belches etc. rather than speech.
This show includes examples of:
- All In The Manual: None of the characters are named in the show itself, but each character is named in supplementary material in The Other Wiki.
- Genius Ditz: Though generally dim looking (as much as the rest of the family anyway), Igi is the go-to scientist and inventor, capable of constructing aircraft, and discovering the mass-energy equivalence formula whilst building a swing.
- Humiliation Conga: Gogas, Ogo, and Oglas are the most common victims of this, especially after a disasterous hunting trip which sees Ogo and Oglas beaten up by dinosaurs, shit stained, pissed upon and generally humbled.
- Mother Bear: Ogla, matriarch and toughest family member, especially when her baby is endangered.
- My Kung-Fu Is Stronger Than Yours: It turns out velociraptors make excellent martial artists.
- Toilet Humour: Much of the humour revolves around farting, shitting and physical violence that somehow includes the other two.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Averted. Ogla and Oglas go at it without any reservation. Though generally avoiding fighting, Igi occasionally gets roughed up too.