Western Animation / Dino-Boy
One of the many animated series produced by Hanna-Barbera
, Dino Boy
was a companion series to Space Ghost
.Dino Boy in the Lost Valley
was a series about a young boy named Tod, who was forced to parachute from a plane that crashed, ending up in a mysterious valley, lost to the outside world and filled with not only prehistoric lifeforms, but creatures utterly alien to Earth. Saved from death at the jaws of a sabertoothed tiger by a caveman named Ugh, Dino Boy resigns himself to surviving in The Lost Valley.
- Action Series
- All Animals Are Dogs: Bronty the dinosaur behaves like a prehistoric dog.
- All Cavemen Were Neanderthals: Ugh is a spitting image of the stereotypical Neanderthal, but, somewhat unusually, is portrayed as being quite intelligent; his voice is deep and somewhat monosyllabilic, but he speaks intelligible words and never grunts, and is quite adept at devising plans, such as immediately figuring out that the best way to panic a herd of mastodons into stampeding is by using a hollow log to amplify his horn's volume.
- Here We Go Again: Used as a punchline ending once. The whole episode showed Dino Boy and Ugh helping a friend get home. At the end he comes back and wants to know if they can do it all again tomorrow.
- Lost World: The Lost Valley, where the series took place. Its inhabitants included primitive hominids, dinosaurs, mastodons, sabretoothed tigers, giant humanoid worms, giant ants and beetles...
- Three Shorts: The middle short to two Space Ghost segments.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: While Ugh and others are shown to be our human substitutes, the lost valley here contains a whole slew of human-like beings that seem to range in intelligence and motive.
- Would Hurt a Child: The Chief of the Sabretooth people has zero problem offering to feed Dino Boy and a young baby up to a real flesh and blood sabretooth because they are too young to be slaves.