Western Animation: Arabian Knights
In this segment of The Banana Splits Adventure Hour, a Five-Man Band of heroes fights evil in pre-Islamic Arabia, as Prince Turhan seeks to regain his throne from Bakar and Vangore. Aiding the prince are Fariq, a spell caster; Raseem, a man of great strength; Bez, who can transform himself into any animal; Princess Naida, a master of disguise, and Zazoom, a donkey of mass destruction.
- Arabian Nights Days: The setting of the cartoon.
- Berserk Button: Do not pull Zazoom's tail!
- The Big Guy: Raseem
- City of Gold/Treasure Is Bigger in Fiction: Baghdad seemed to be overflowing with sapphires and rubies the size of your fist.
- Easy Amnesia: Fariq had this in the episode "The Coronation of Bakaar".
- Flying Carpet: Often used by the heroes. Fariq could even create one out of Raseem's sash.
- Hollywood Torches: The heroes often carried these when exploring caves.
- Inept Mage: Fariq tended to be this.
- Master of Disguise: Naida, sometimes overlapping with Wholesome Crossdresser.
- The Smurfette Principle: Naida is the only female hero.
- Super Breath and Super Strength: Raseem had both of these abilities.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: This is Bez's power. Preceded by his Mad Libs Catch Phrase, "Size of a <name of animal>!", which changed not only his size but his shape.