Webcomic / Unity
A collection of science fiction webcomics, written and drawn by "fluffy," as part of Busybee Comics
. Refers to both the original long-form story
, the main setting, and the universe it is a part of. Warning: The archive is a bit confusing to navigate; it's best to just start at the beginning
and keep on reading.
- Arc Words
- "It means they like you"
- In the Alt Text: "Nobody notices Agent Harris until it's too late"
- "The square root of love is happiness"
- Asexuality: Juni, the main character, although it does form romantic attachments
- Brain Uploading: Juni, whose neural patterns were uploaded for a simulation which eventually turned into an AI which took over the ship
- Con Lang: Several examples, including different forms of Hiero◊ throughout history, retroactive obscured scripts for real-life human languages, and general examples of translation difficulties throughout.
- Furries Are Easier to Draw: Humans do appear later on in flashbacks and hallucinations, though.
- Generation Ship: Unity itself
- Human Resources and I Am A Humanitarian: As eventually discovered in the "Meat" arc.
- My Hero Zero: The eventual name of a semi-artificial consciousness that seems to be running things
- Precursor: Humanity
- Ragnarok-Proofing: Unity has been underway for a long time. It's only falling apart after over 21 million years.
- Series Hiatus: A couple of rather large temporal gaps in the archive
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Sasha, who wears a ribbon on one of her antennae to emphasize her female gender identity
- Transsexual: Several characters show atypical gender identities, most notably Juni (although Zero later retroactively refers to it/herself and Juni as female), and Juni's love interests, notably Sam Roarke and Tanya Harris. In other arcs, Alda Henning, Min, and several unnamed background characters all show atypical gender identities.
- Truly Single Parent: Hira, not to mention most future Melroses (although not Ivo).
- The Unintelligible: Kandra Corentin, who speaks entirely in honks (although the other characters try their best to understand him anyway); lampshaded (and called out in the title) in this strip.
- Victory-Guided Amnesia: Juni (Always Need What You Gave Up)
- Zero-G Spot: Sam and Juni, sitting in an observation pod...
- Which Me?: Zero, be it in discussing the past with Tamu or communicating with its other selves.
- Universal Universe Time: Averted; all timekeeping is based on local intervals (even when broadcasting to the rest of the universe).