This comic provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: Cyril describes his crystal ball in grandiose fashion as an almighty tool of the arcane...then cops to using it to look at naked ladies.
- Badass Normal: Angus, despite having been retired as an adventurer for years, manages to put the kibosh on an invading force of otherworldly monsters with nothing but a potato peeler (that has dwarven runes).
- Butt Monkey: Everything happens to the barkeep.
- Deadpan Snarker: Sooner or later Cyril reduces everyone to this; Cyril himself snarks indiscriminately.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": I don't think I should really have to explain.
- Honest John's Dealership: Lucky Bolivar's Discount Healing is implied to be this, but aside from trying to peddle some seriously weird replacements for a missing eye (and one throwaway gag), he's reasonably reliable as an actual healer.
- Hourglass Hottie: Gwen. Very Gwen.
- Male Gaze: Cyril agrees to give Gwen a probationary period before he decides if he likes having her around for two very specific reasons.
- One of Us: Craig. This strip is titled Butt Monkey, and advises the uneducated reader to this very wiki should they seek the answer to their question.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Aside from being a chef, Angus fits the mold to a T; he even speaks with a Scottish Funetik Aksent, a trait none of the other characters exhibit (and bear in mind that Craig himself is Scottish).
Six FacesOne Expression: Cyril's nose is his only visible facial feature; thus, body language and what he's actually saying are the only indicators of his mood. Lampshaded twice; once with "The Many Expressions of Cyril T. Wizard", and once when Cyril is describing his reaction to the sudden appearance of a naked, drunken Gwen.
- The actual trope is averted, though; all the characters have very distinctive faces and silhouettes.
- Schedule Slip: For the most part Craig does his best to avoid this-when he foresees a big dead zone ahead, he puts out a call for guest strips (as of this writing, he's just recently made his second such request).
- Squishy Wizard: Played with. Cyril isn't much of a physical fighter; but on the other hand, his catchphrase is "Kung fu is for wimps."