Webcomic / Tally Ho
The adventures of a fox and his basset hound friend; no, not like that
. This sly, laid-back fox, Fitzroy, orders chicken via phone for dinner, and this basset hound, Sigfried, is old and rather senile and is owned by a psychotic ten-year-old. Naturally, Hilarity Ensues
. Tally Ho
is a webcomic by Ralph Hayes, Jr.
Hosted along with the rest of RHJunior's comics at his site
Tropes in this web comic:
- Art Shift: Here.
- Balloon Belly: Fitzroy gets one when he attempts to eat some of Sigfried's kibble. It goes away, of course... after the fiber kicks in.
- Big "NO!": They took his tires away!
- Brick Joke: The sea cucumber and the accordion make a return.
- Con Man: Fitzroy.
- Cute Little Fangs: Fitzroy has a single tooth protruding from his mouth.
- Did They or Didn't They?: We don't know quite how the Doberman ruffled Fitzroy so much, but he doesn't want to talk about it. Hopefully doesn't qualify as Black Comedy Rape.
- The Ditz: Apparently all the zoo animals, but perhaps most notably Lolly the walrus.
- Interspecies Romance: Played with, at least, first with Sigfried and the bunny and then with Fitzroy and the Doberman.
- Kids Are Cruel: Played for Laughs.
- L33t L1ng0: One arc involves zoo animals who speak in various Internet memes.
- May–December Romance: The other thing about Sigfried and the bunny that disturbs Fitzroy.
- Mind Screw: Invoked with BANANAS!!
- No Name Given: Everyone but Sigfried, Fitzroy, and Lolly.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: When numerous animals escape from the zoo, they put on disguises — mostly just Groucho glasses. Fitzroy, being the leader of the operation, is the one exception, donning a Marilyn Monroe wig.
- The Reveal: It took many years for Sigfried to casually mention Fitzroy's name.
- Shout-Out: To Peanuts in this comic.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Fitzroy and the Doberman.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: The one thing Fitzroy did not expect about the Doberman was that she's female... and in love with him.