“In the distant future, humanity has ushered in a new feudal age. The solar system is ruled by massive corporations and their executive aristocracy. But amidst this new order is a universe filled with adventurers, outlaws, thrill seekers and treasure hunters looking to carve out their own legacy amongst the stars.”Ronin Galaxy is an action-adventure webcomic that updates Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It has a manga appearance.The story follows the main characters, Cecil Onimaru the samurai ronin and Giancarlo Baccari the gun-slinging mercenary who eventually pick up Taylor May, a plucky refugee from Earth. Along with their ship and robot cat-girl Ai, they embark on various mercenary adventures that end up being more trouble than they expect. Their adventures bring them to new and exotic places, saving damsels in distress whenever they can.
Quote from Roningalaxy.com.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- Anime Accent Absence: Despite being on the Moon in the future, the places the characters visit are clearly reminiscent of Japan and so are the people. Though there isn’t any language barrier between anyone; specifically with Giancarlo, Taylor and Leona, who are foreigners.
- Animesque: The art, and especially pages are made to look like a manga.
- Anti-Hero: Cecil, despite having all the optimism and badassery that ideal heroes ought to, he only keeps that up for as long as it’s convenient (or safe) for him to do. When he’s outmatched he has no problem with a well-timed groin attack.
- Arrested for Heroism: In chapter three, Leona is arrested after putting up her shield to protect bystanders from a suicide bomber android.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: Cecil Onimaru – simply mentioning an Oni in your real name (supposedly) is pretty over-the-top, and Leona Gallant – slightly less than a "gallant" knight.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: For Cecil and Giancarlo it seems to be natural for them.
- Boobs of Steel: When comparing Taylor and Leona, the latter’s bustline automatically dictates that she is the combat-orientated girl.
- Cat Girl: Ai gets away with being a real life cat girl by being robotic.
- Chef of Iron: Giancarlo can hold his own in a gunfight and still manage to cook up a full-course meal for breakfast the next morning.
- Distressed Damsel: Taylor in the first chapter. Although she does take it upon herself to escape her situation, she is quickly caught and must be saved. Also genderswapped with Rin in the second chapter.
- Foreign Fanservice: Leona fits this stereotype like a glove. Interestingly enough, she fills the role from a Japanese viewpoint, though the comic is western.
- Good Is Not Nice: None of the characters are particularly nice, unless they're going to get something out of it.
- Hime Cut: Ai sports this particular Japanese haircut.
- Perma-Stubble: Giancarlo never seems to shave completely around his goatee.
- Pretty Freeloader: Taylor is taken onboard Cecil and Giancarlo’s ship, despite not having any discernible talents. Cecil also proclaims her “his maid” though she is never shown cleaning anything. Not to mention she almost got them both killed in the first chapter.
- Terraform: Background shots of the Moon show a land mostly vegetated or urbanized with no artificial atmosphere visible. One can only assume (so far) that this is the explanation.
- Unusual Eyebrows: Ai has Heian eyebrows.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Giancarlo, and Leona, although the latter is blonde with blue highlights.