Webcomic: Pilli Adventure
is a Animesque World of Weirdness Web Comic
about the adventures of a Goth Mexican girl
, her foreign best-friend
, her more energetic friend
, and her boyfriend's soul
(which she has stuck in a "Day of the Dead" skeleton doll
It can be found here
or in DrunkDuck
This series includes examples of:
- Amazing Technicolor Population: At some point in the comic, Pilli's skin color inexplicably changed from light pink to green. It was a Chekhov's Gun, later revealed as a side-effect of the ritual she performed to bring Paco back to life.
- America Saves the Day: Totally subverted. When Americans aren't the problem to start with (usually tourists on Spring Break), the two bungling NASA agents who occasionally show up usually make things worse.
- Art Shift
- Big Bad: Xiu. At least that's what he keeps saying.
- Catch Phrase:
- Cute Bruiser: Paco would kick your ass if you called him that, but it's still true.
- Cute Monster Girl: Mona, who's a Gorgon.
- Delinquent: Before he got killed, Paco's main interests were booze, women, and smoking. Dying hasn't changed that at all.
- Contractual Immortality: The author said it himself: "in the original script Mona died, but Im a coward".
- Demonic Dummy: Paco's more of a Jerkass Dummy, but...
- Evil Twin: Paco has an "evil" twin, named Juan. Aside from wearing different-colored shirts, they act pretty much the same.
- Expy: Paco is pretty much what Bender would be if he had a Mexican girlfriend. He even has an Evil Twin!
- Gorgeous Gorgon: Mona actually is a Gorgon.
- Heel-Face Turn: Jinx.
- Heroic RROD: In the current arc, Paco's body is falling apart in the middle of a huge battle.
- Intentional Engrish for Funny: Early on the dialogue was filled with minor (but numerous) spelling and grammatical errors since English isn't the writer/artist's first language. This is pretty much gone now.
- It's Always Mardi Gras in New Orleans: Usually averted, although Día de los Muertos has been important to the plot.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Paco, once in a while.
- Mayincatec: A lot of the bizarre monsters Paco ends up punching are Aztec.
- Mr. Fanservice: Paco was actually pretty good-looking before his unfortunate accident.
- Ms. Fanservice: Jinx. She seems to be aware of it, too.
- Noodle Incident: After Paco got run over by a bus, Pilli bound his soul into a Calavera doll. How she did this has never been explained, but we know her blood was involved.
- Older Than They Look: Luna
- Ordinary High-School Student: Pilli.
- South of the Border: Usually averted, as the writer's Mexican.
- It's interesting to note: in an early episode they criticize fake american mexican food burritos, but they are always eating tacos.
- Taken for Granite: Mona is a Gorgon. Seeing her naked will turn you to stone.
- The Woobie: Mona, who's very insecure about her looks. Of course, this is understandable.
- Vain Sorceress: Luna.
- Mexican Example Of Weirdness
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Subverted—Pilli has purple hair (with red lightning bolts!), but we know she dyes it. Her skin turned green over time because the spell used on Paco drained half her blood, and it won't regenerate.