Webcomic / Phuzzy Comics
is a non-sequitor autobiographical strip by Strip Search
artist Monica Ray, who doubles as artist for The Trenches
. The strip features Monica, the various other people in her life, and typically whatever games she happens to be playing at the time, which more often than not is going to be a Pokemon game. The art style is very much Animesque
. When on schedule, it updates on Mondays and Thursdays.
Be prepared for crushing amounts of adorable.
This webcomic offers examples of:
- Art Evolution: A picture of the first comic is visible just to the right of whichever one it is you're reading. There is next to no chance the two will look anything like each other.
- Big Eyes, Little Eyes: Most of the characters go big.
- Bilingual Bonus: When Monica goes driving, and cheerily sings such phrases as "Was that even legal?" and "God please help me", she encounters signs such as "No Way", "Hiss", "No", "No", "No", "No", and one sign in Japanese. That sign translates to "God Is Dead".
- Bishie Sparkle: Monica really wants to clean your ears.
- Black Bead Eyes: Commonly employed, and Cece's default.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: But she can race.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Monica is almost never drawn wearing shoes.
- Flower in Her Hair: Monica's signature is a pair of roses on either side of her head. They may actually be part of her head.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Both are in total agreement.
- Instant Humiliation: Just Add YouTube!: Given that Monica was on a reality show, she knew it was coming before it even went online. She would later confirm that the moment in question was, in fact, her elimination episode.
- Knocking on Heathens' Door: Monica is rather adamant that you take up watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- The Lancer: While Monica attended college, roommate Cece fit this role; currently there isn't one.
- Sibling Rivalry: With her brother Anton.
- Take That: Her lime-green striped dress. According to a reader-mail comic, her old art teacher hated green.
- Tempting Fate: When beginning the Phuzzlocke. In duplicate.
Monica (upon receiving her starter Pokemon): I'm going to name you Lucky! And nothing bad will happen to us at all!
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Monica currently sports Boyish Short Hair, and has downplayed obvious female attributes in her self-portrait to the point where the flowers in her hair become this.