Webcomic: Phil Likes Tacos
Phil Likes Tacos is a daily, newspaper-style webcomic by Andrew Bilitz (who also does Uh Oh Its A Dinosaur) that began in 2002. The strip focuses on Phil, a nerdy fast-food manager at a Taco store. His roommate is Doug, who is even nerdier and incredibly obsessed with video games. Other characters include Millie, Phil's girlfriend (whom he eventually married), and Mel, Phil's boss at the taco store.
This work provides examples of the following tropes:
- Bad Boss: Mel. Definitely.
- Burger Fool: Half of the strip is about gaming, while the other half is about this trope, though the emphasis on the hell that is customers, coworkers, and the clueless decisions of corporate management makes it pretty clear that the author has actually 'been there' instead of just working off stereotypes seen on TV.
- Genius Ditz: Doug is a computer genius, to the point that the FBI were after him. If it wern't for his immaturity, he could get a job in tech field.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Noted in this strip, with Phil calling Kick-Ass as "Kick A-Butt" and another employee calling Inglourious Basterds as "Inglourious Bees."
- Happily Married: Phil and Millie married on the strip's 10th anniversary.
- It's a Wonderful Plot: Lampshaded in this strip
- No Name Given: Phil's Girlfriend never had her name said until years later, when it was revealed to be Millie.
Doug: "Why hello, Phil's Girlfr-"Millie: "It's Millie."
- Lampshaded in this strip.
- Stick Figure Comic
- Webcomics Long Runners: Since May 22, 2002.