Palindramas is a webcomic (currently on hiatus) written and drawn by Dan Mazur. The premise is to create a palindrome (a word or phrase in which the letters are in the same order backwards and forwards), then draw a cartoon illustrating it.The episodes vary in length from single-panel cartoons to multi-page strips. Some comics have a palindrome as a caption describing the scene; others have the story build up to a palindromic punch line; in a few cases, the entire dialogue forms one big palindrome.Several strips feature guest art by Ed Gedeon, creator of Everyday Heroes.
Tropes featured include:
- The Alcoholic: The accountant in this strip.
- Explosive Cigar: How tragic.
- "Far Side" Island: The eventual location of Elsie and Tom.
- Fun with Palindromes: The entire point of the strip.
- The Golden Age of Comic Books: Gets a tribute here.
- Good People Have Good Sex: In one guest strip, the cartoonist and his wife show their love with the help of a palindrome (and a couple of DVDs).
- Intercontinuity Crossover: With Skin Horse, here.
- It Will Never Catch On: The movie exec in this comic.
- Mad Scientist: Mad doc cuts stucco'd dam!
- Must Have Caffeine: We faced decaf. Ew.
- Real Estate Scam: The topic of this comic.
- Shaggy Dog Story: A lot of the strips work awfully hard to get to their palindromes.
- Taken for Granite: The bar patrons in this strip.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Salli, Roger, on gin, ignore gorillas
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Apparently the guide in this strip is an arachnophobe.