Webcomic: Nectar of the Gods
Nectar of the Gods is a digitally colored Slice of Life Webcomics which has been hosted on The Duck since October, 2009.The story follows Bacchus Vindread, The Bartender, making his way through the world of bartending and customer service, which is very Serious Business. Every character is a bartender or has something to do with the service industry or beverage industry. Throughout the story he meets a lot of new customers who soon become some of his closest friends. An Evil Inc. constantly attempts to make Bacchus join The Dark Side of the service world and become their US representative, and if that doesn't work, Murder Is the Best Solution.The characters go through a lot of drama together, piecing together Bacchus' Mysterious Past, learning of several sad revelations in his young life.There are also several Cocktail recipes you can try at home, teaches you other sides to alcohol that you might not already know, and has several lessons on how to mix drinks 'the best way you can'.
Other tropes associated with Nectar Of The Gods-
- The Bartender: Practically every other character in this comic is a bartender, nuff said.
- Badass Grandpa: The recently pointed out character, who's Secret Identity is Bacchus Creed, is a bartender known as "The Dragon God". He's been wiping the floor in every cocktail tournament he's ever been in for the last 30 to 40 years, and he's been hinted to be much older than he looks
- Battle Aura: Whenever a character seems to be exerting his or her power through sheer willpower or mastery of mixing, they tend to glow with a strangely shaped aura that eminates from their bodies by having so much Awesomeness.
- Battle in the Rain: Even though it's not a Final Battle, there's an instance where Joseph attacks Bacchus as he visits Rose's grave, and it happens to be raining.
- Berserk Button: Bacchus Exerts this trope when someone insults his dead fiancÚ
- Cooking Duel: Although they haven't been shown as of yet, the comic contains a large series of Cocktail Battles
- Devil in Plain Sight: Joseph is a seemingly regular person, and extremely charming to the women around him, but when alone with men (especially Bacchus) it turns out he's a real jerk!
- A Glass of Chianti: In a comic about liquor, it's to be expected, the Bad Boss has been seen twice drinking a glass of fine Cider.
- A Glass in the Hand: This trope occurs a large number times caused by the tournament judge who crushes all the lesser drinks with his grip that he usually tastes two at a time.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Bijou, although this is mainly because she Can't Hold Her Liquor
- Mundane Made Awesome: There's a large amount of mundane actions within the comic (except for maybe the flairtending and a occasional fights) and to make these mundane acts seem epic, the artist uses dramatic lighting for any given 'important' mundane scene, can vary from staring at eachother with rage, to decanting a wine.
- Pyro Maniac: Enrique is a flairtender, and as his job can generally entail lighting drinks on fire, he has almost a reflex of lighting things on fire automatically, even once lighting an empty bathtub on fire.
- Serious Business: Every thing from tasting a wine to pouring a drink, from mixing a martini to slapping a mint is very meaningful to the characters in the comic, they think of bartending as an art form.
- Tournament Arc: In the comic there's a long tournament with lots of explanations, judgings, new rivalries and where everyone can be a Combat Commentator.
- Unusual Eyebrows: Bacchus is the strangest example ever seen of this trope, his eyebrows can't be classified within the this tropes subtropes, as his eyebrows just seem to be raised to extraordinary levels.
- Wine Is Classy: Yup.