Opey the Warhead is the story of... Opey the Warhead. It'd be Exactly What It Says on the Tin except for the fact that you'd have little idea of what to expect if you ever came across a tin saying "Warhead, Opey Flavour".Set in an After the End world of New Jersey, when his classmates realize the titicular Opey doesn't explode on impact, he immediately becomes the target of the class's three bullies (there's a total of 6 children including Opey). Despite not having a face, Opey is amazingly expressionate, being a generally sweet-natured kid.Written and drawn by the talented Zoe (formerly Zac) Crockett (self-proclaimed typical starving artist), Opey features a real mix of Western and Manga style artwork — unique but extremely effective. The humour, much like the comic, is quirky with a Japanese flavour to it (Zoe studied in Japan), but it's very much its own beast.Currently on hiatus, although there are some efforts by one of its fans to revive it... such as by creating a page for it on TV Tropes. You can read it here. The comic's been published in Italy by ProGlo Edizioni as Opey, il ragazzo bombanote
This comic contains examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Played straight with Opey's father, the teacher, the principal and subverted by the Almighty Janitor Mr. Allen.
- The Atoner: To a far lesser extent, Opey. Not that he was ever a Big Bad, but he seems to feel that he will never redeem a singular act of schoolyard cruelty... which by the way, also appears to be the only cruel thing he's done in his entire LIFE.
- Author Guest Spot: At the end of every chapter.
- Butt Monkey: Opey
- Badass Bookworm: Joey.
- Berserk Button: Joey wears dark classes and a turtleneck for a reason. Reveal that reason and you are in for a world of hurt, and THEN he'll step it up.
- The Chick: Aria, justified in that After the End, women seem to be in short supply.
- Jerkass: Jehtro, although he may eventually do a partial Heel–Face Turn, judging by his disinterest in tormenting Aria (and by extension, Opey) anymore.
- The Lancer: Joey.