Webcomic: Kila Ilo
KiLA iLO is a webcomic about two (later three) unlikely alien explorers.The artist has drawn a prologue comic which has been added to the comics archives but originally featured on the artists Deviant art account page The artist is also hoping to have the comic printed and is gathering funds though kick starterThe main characters consist of:
- KiLA iLO: A small, sarcastic furry alien (jukani) with a mysterious past
- Richard Ferris: A porcupine-like alien (stronian) and easygoing guy.
- Dr Kao: A blue-green insect-like alien (mirentian), company boss and Kila's employer.
- Diphtheria: a preteen human girl from a family of mad scientists, and (along with her friend/henchman Rooter) the first human to discover the alien presence.
This webcomic contains example of
- Aerith and Bob: the two main characters, being from different alien races will do that.
- Alien Hair: Kila's 'Hair' is actually a crest, made of finger nail like material.
- Aliens Steal Cable: Richard, Kila and later Dr Kao learn about humans via the internet.
- Black Sheep:Richard Ferris, a polite easy going, timid guy from a respected crime family. His mother isn't happy with his career choice (here)
- Common Tongue: Galactic standard, which Kila speaks with an accent.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The weapon (maybe)
- Handicapped Badass: Kila. She's deaf in one ear, took a stab wound in the side, a hammer smashed against her hand, punched a door, her arm has been implied to have been severed at one point and directly shown to have been badly dislocated, and her spiky subordinate unintentionally stabs her with needles when they have physical contact. She also was born with birth defects and cannot taste or smell. Also she's kind of short. Despite this, she's probably done more actual work than most of the cast, has very good aim with a gun, and is pretty believable when she boasts to being able to kill monsters in 10 minutes flat.
- FTL Radio: allowing you to yell at people across the galaxy at 4am
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: researching on the internet
- Holographic Disguise: used to blend in with the locals, it also makes Richard look like a dog, rabbit, thing.
- Humanoid Aliens: The usual fare in this story; Skir and Richard look more like non-humanoid Earth animals but still have Humanoid Alien personalities. Kila's race and to a lesser extent Rio's are Petting Zoo People.
- Insignificant Little Blue Planet: The aliens didn't even know earth was inhabited by intelligent life, let alone they were technologically advanced.
- Mad Doctor: Viktiér Frénishin, the patchwork queen. Aka Kila.
- Lost Superweapon: What the two were sent to earth to look for, well the pieces of it anyway.
- Man-Eating Plant: Apparently the plant life isn't that friendly on Kila's home world. There may also be killer trees. (Mentioned here)
- Mole Men: Rooter, apparently, a claim supported by his name and the fact that he always wears oven mitts...
- Omniglot: Kila states that she speaks five languages and learns new ones quickly, apparently a species trait. She does seem to have a noticable accent however.
- Powerpuff Girl Hands: Richard lacks fingers but does seem to have telekinesis.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The heroes - a respectable scientist, a really sketchy scientist, and a guy from a family of criminals. Kila seems to have a tendency to get roped into especially shady groups of these.
- Running on All Fours: Kila, although she does mention she could break her fingers
- Teen Genius: Diptheria.
- Translator Microbes: May involve brain surgery
- Unfortunate Names / Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Diphtheria is named for a potentially fatal disease that targets children.