Webcomic: Doomsday My Dear
An official DMD advertisement, featuring Narissa.Doomsday My Dear
is a apocalyptic webcomic taking place during the turn of the new millennium; it is a nazi-driven political intrigue about the outbreak of a dangerous blood plague, and what the government is doing about it.
It is written and drawn by Cami Woodruff
, a freelance illustrator and storyboard artist.
This comic provides examples of:
- Day of the Jackboot: Once Narissa takes over, she institutes a genocidal cleansing of anyone with the Blood Plague. Roving death squads with guns and British accents raid homes and shoot resistors when the fancy takes them. Airports are closed under the story that bio-terrorists bombed them. In short, Fascist Britain.
- Drunken Song: Chester and Espy, page 61.
- Hangover Sensitivity: Page 67, where Chester admits it, and page 70 and onwards, where you see the effects.
- Last Name Basis: Everyone in regards to Cyril, and Cyril in regards to everyone.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Chester Bowden.
- A Nazi by Any Other Name: Narissa and her regime, attacking the Blood Plague. And thus, by extension, Day of the Jackboot, as listed above.
- The Plague: The Blood Plague, which is part genetics and part Oh, Crap.
- Speech Impediment: Abner's stutter.
- You Are What You Hate: It turns out Cyril is a carrier of the Blood Plague.
- Wicked Stepfather: It's revealed that Abner's stepfather is an unpleasant fellow.