Doctor Cat (http://doctorcatmd.com/)
is a webcomic about a cat who is a doctor
. The comic is updated regularly and mainly runs on cuteness
and its own quirky sense of humor.
Doctor Cat provides examples of:
- Alt Text
- Ambiguously Brown: Human Nurse, at least later on.
- Ambiguously Gay: Human Nurse, judging by the deep blush he gets when discussing the "pretty handsome" Dr. Quincy.
- Attention Deficit Oh Shiny: Doctor Cat may take a nap or start playing with a toy mouse in the middle of an operation.
- Burger Fool: After losing his medical license, Doctor Cat gets a job just like this, even renaming himself Burger Cat in the process. It lasts for two strips before he gets fired from this job too, for telling a patient ordering a massive meal of mostly bacon that they're going to have a heart attack.
- Black Humor: It's terminal!
- Cat Fight: A literal one: Doctor Cat and Lawyer Cat "discuss" a patient's settlement by hissing and growling at each other.
- Catch Phrase: Doctor Cat's seems to be "It's Terminal." Lawyer Cat on the other hand uses "I'll bury you!"
- Cat Smile: Of course.
- Cuteness Proximity: Some people fall into this when interacting with the doctor. Most notably the first patient, who is told that whatever she has is terminal but just looks at him and says "aw."
- Cute Kitten
- Everyone Has Standards: Although he's not really evil, Lawyer Cat is definitely a ruthless attorney with a love of money. However when accused of planting evidence to secure a conviction his response is sincere outrage at the idea he would ever do something so dishonest.
- Evil Counterpart: Lawyer Cat
- Frivolous Lawsuit: Averted. The patient who tries to sue Doctor Cat has a pretty good reason to, but considering his lawyer was ALSO a cat, all he got was some catnip.
- Grotesque Cute: Every now and then Doctor Cat will do something that is incredibly cute and disturbing at the same time, like kneading on a human heart.
- Hilarity Ensues: All the time, no matter how serious the situation.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: Doctor Cat pulls this during the second Q&A strip when asked about his medical credentials. He abruptly declares it time to go while staring at his wrist with no watch.
- Mathematician's Answer: One of the questions Doctor Cat had in fanmail is "Are you a boy or a girl?" The answer? "Um, no, I'm a cat"
- No Name Given: Human Nurse, as well as Lawyer Cat's owner, Human Paralegal. At least in Human Nurse's case he seems to be okay with it. Human Paralegal attempts on multiple occasions to give her real name, but is always cut off by Lawyer Cat.
- Shout-Out: Doctor Cat works in a burger joint for two comics. Naturally, there's going to be a Lolcat reference.
- Something Completely Different: The "Professional Cats" storyline is all about Doctor Cat imagining himself as various different professions, including a ship captain and an artist.
- Sorry, Billy, but You Just Don't Have Legs: "How are you going to operate without thumbs?"