Doctor Cat (http://doctorcatmd.com/)
is a webcomic about a cat who is a doctor
. The comic is updated regularly and mainly runs on cuteness
and its own quirky sense of humor.
Doctor Cat provides examples of:
- Alt Text
- Attention Deficit Oh Shiny: Doctor Cat may take a nap or start playing with a toy mouse in the middle of an operation.
- Burger Fool: Last about two comics before he gets fired from that, too. (You're gonna have a heart attack!)
- Black Humor: It's terminal!
- Cat Fight : A literal one: Doctor Cat and Lawyer Cat "discuss" a patient's settlement by hissing and growling at each other.
- Catch Phrase : Doctor Cat's seems to be "It's Terminal."
- Cat Smile : Of course.
- Cuteness Proximity : Some people fall into this when interacting with the doctor. Most notably the first patient, who is told that whatever she has is terminal just looks at him and says "aw."
- Cute Kitten :
- Evil Counterpart : Lawyer Cat
- Face-Heel Turn : Lawyer Cat (maybe)
- Frivolous Lawsuit : Averted. The patient who tries to sue Doctor Cat has a pretty good reason to, but considering his lawyer was ALSO a cat, all he got was some catnip.
- Hilarity Ensues
- Grotesque Cute: Every now and then Doctor Cat will do something that is incredibly cute and disturbing at the same time, like kneading on a human heart.
- Mathematician's Answer: One of the questions Doctor Cat had in fanmail is "Are you a boy or a girl?" The answer? "Um, no, I'm a cat"
- Series Hiatus: The last non-filler comic was in late November 2011, due to the writer having wrist problems.
- She eventually returned to the comic in August 2012.
- Shout-Out: Doctor Cat works in a burger joint for two comics. Naturally, there's going to be a Lolcat reference.
- Sorry Billy, But You Just Don't Have Legs: "How are you going to operate without thumbs?"