Webcomic: Demonology 101
Demonology101 is an Urban Fantasy webcomic which ran from 1999 to 2004, and for some time held the distinction of being the longest completed online comic. It focuses on the day to day life and adventures of a demon named Raven, a foundling left for mysterious reasons with the secret society, Network, dedicated to fighting demons. Although her adoptive father, Gabriel, left the organization in hopes of giving her a normal life, Raven's heritage will not permit a quiet existence, and Gabriel's own past is starting to catch up with him...
This series provides examples of:
- Awful Truth - Several.
- Badass Normal - Almost all of the protagonists are completely normal humans, and the few that aren't aren't any more effective.
- Deal with the Devil - The entire Jenner family, who are charged with acting as Hell's representatives on Earth.
- Demonic Possession - Once. Ironically it's Raven who is posessed. Not implied to be possible for normal demons.
- Evil Parents Want Good Kids - In the backstory A Distant Faith, Alexander Jenner asks Mr. Sachs to free his son from servitude to the Devil. http://faith.rydia.net/adistantfaith/page32.html
- Good Thing You Can Heal - Mr. Sachs gets stabbed an awful lot. No matter he's always trying to quit.
- Half-Human Hybrid - Subverted. Raven eventually finds out that she is half-demon and half-angel.
- Heel-Face Turn - Mr. Sachs.
- "Hey, You!" Haymaker - John does this to Mr. Sachs.
- Is That What He Told You?
- Luke, I Am Your Father - The angel Aaron is Raven's father.
- From a Certain Point of View - Poe calls Gabriel out on this in regards to Raven's origins though later on he just lies about it outright.
- Our Angels Are Different
- Our Demons Are Different
- The Plan- The entirety of episode 2. It goes almost flawlessly.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning - Somewhat subverted. Raven has red eyes according to the author, though she isn't evil. Since the art is black and white it is unknown if other demons do.
- Rousseau Was Right - There are some truly horrible characters, but despite talk of rules and lacking free will demons and damned humans can still choose to be good (and several turn at the end).
- Tykebomb - Lacey.