Webcomic: Chugworth Academy
Chugworth Academy was a webcomic drawn by Dave Cheung that ran from 2003 to 2008 focusing on the wacky exploits of a group of students.You can read a review by The Webcomic Authority here.
This comic provides examples of:
- The Ace: Sally is a straight-A student, down to earth, and a near-pro level tennis player. Her only real flaw is liking Kiyoshi.
- Animesque: From the art to the basic premise, it's thoroughly anime-inspired.
- Artifact Title: Other than keeping some of the female leads in schoolgirl outfits, the comic winds up having very little to do with Chugworth Academy itself.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: Kiyoshi's Japanese father constantly swaps his Ls and Rs.
- Biggus Dickus: Kiyoshi is apparently 12 inches long.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Ellice, Sally, and (usually) Chloe.
- Brainy Brunette: In contrast to Ellice, brunette Sally is a straight-A student.
- Broken Aesop: The comic features several Take Thats to readers who request Rule34 of the female characters. The Broken Aesop comes in when one considers the author drew professional hentai, and has drawn pornographic images of the cast of the comic.
- Career-Ending Injury: Sally breaks her leg due to Kiyoshi's idiocy, ruining her shot at a tennis title and causing them to break up.
- Companion Cube: Chloe's stuffed bear with a pierced ear. She often talks to it.
- Don't Explain the Joke: it has a gag where an extremely apathetic Straight Man and Wise Guy act has the Dope Slap replaced by the narrator Explaining The Joke.
- Dumb Blonde: Ellice is a slutty, dumb blonde.
- Emo: After Sally breaks up with him, Kiyoshi becomes a stereotypical emo kid. His own father sees him and thinks he's a random girl.
- Everybody Has Lots of Sex: Part of the Author Appeal, there's a great deal of sex scenes both between those in a committed relationship and those who are... not.
- Fanservice: To the point where some strips are simply drawings of girls without any words being said.
- Off Model: Most of the time, the characters don't have noses. Only when drawn in different angles do they then have noses.
- Only Six Faces: A common complaint about the comic is that, hair and clothing aside, characters' faces are pretty interchangeable.
- Nipple and Dimed: Female nipples are never shown, though plenty of skin is shown throughout.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Bobby constantly speaks in street slang.
- Really Gets Around: Ellice. She even sleeps with Kiyoshi's father.
- Shout-Out: Tyrone has a rich Uncle Bill, butler named Gregory, and a short cousin named Charleston.
- Take That: A couple of strips were done as a Take That to people requesting Rule 34 of the female characters... one of which was a Bait and Switch and did show a naked character... Kiyoshi.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Part of the reason Demitri Splammodopolis hates Kiyoshi, as Demitri's father loves Kiyoshi and ignores Demitri.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Chloe doesn't count, as she dyes her hair. Kiyoshi and his father seem to be naturally gray-haired Japanese, though.