Webcomic: Chorus Of The Neverborn
Chorus of the Neverborn is a webcomic set in the world of Exalted. Focusing on the city of Nexus and a family with two Deathknight parents, and their Half-Caste children and the situations they encounter. Some of the family are on the side of good...well, mostly...while others certainly are not.The comic updates at a slow pace - once weekly - and requires considerable knowledge of the setting to "get" everything; it isn't for everyone, but if you enjoy Exalted, you can check it out here.
This webcomic contains examples of the following tropes:
- Creepy Child: The Inspector. So very much..
- Also, there's Haggle the Mortwight, who helped raise the Inspector...and comes across has quite childish. Breaking into someones home to play a game with them (They die horribly) and another house to ask for candy He asks, and then the next panel he walks out of their house sucking on a lollipop, without so much has a hint of blood on him. Moral of the story, the walking dead crave sweets, so keep some in your nightstand.
- Destructo-Nookie: The Contessa and Lance seem to enjoy this. Well, she does, at least...
- Disproportionate Retribution: Freedom Man's reaction to hearing someone saying they want to be a better hero? He kicks them off a roof.
- To be fair, if they're a better hero then an Abyssal Exalt, they probably wouldn't even be phased by being kicked off a roof.
- Eldritch Abomination: Captain Odysseus has one in his ship's hold.
- Emo Teen: Relic.
- Hearing Voices: The Neverborn speak to The Inspector. His parents have shut them out. Mostly
- In the Blood: The Inspector and his siblings are Abyssal Half Castes. Meaning they've got the potential to use some weaker Abyssal charms, and are naturally attuned to death. They also are much more likely to be chosen to become full Abyssals by a Deathlord This happens to the Inspector after Odysseus's ship wrecks, and he lays near death. The Silver Prince comes for him, and he Exalts has a Day Caste...and Secret, he ain't
- Living Ship: The Wyld did this to Captain Odysseus' ship.
- Name That Unfolds Like Lotus Blossom: Well, this is set in Exalted...
- Offing the Offspring: The Contessa decides she needs to do this in order to stop the Neverborn from retaking her.
- Pyro Maniac: Lance is disturbingly fond of firedust. So is the comic's artist, or so her commentary claims.
- Restraining Bolt: The Wyld-touched beast in Captain Odysseus' hold is scared of the captain's cold-iron sword. Which he leaves stuck in the railing when he goes to release the beast to deal with The Inspector. Bad idea.
- Secret Identity: Lance masquerades as "Freedom Man" to fight injustice in Nexus. He isn't too good at it.
- And The Contessa is The Emissary
- Stalker with a Crush / If I Can't Have You: The Silver Prince is this way torwards The Contessa.
- White Hair, Black Heart: The Silver Prince.