Webcomic: Carpe Chaos
Carpe Chaos is an independent science-fiction space-opera webcomic about five alien races who learn to travel between stars, and it focuses on the ways their cultures collide and how they work to solve their problems. Each story stands on its own, but the stories follow their histories over several thousand years so you can get a really wide perspective on their societies and personalities.
Provides examples of:
- Absent Aliens: Inverted, there are no humans
- Eyeless Face: The Turikasuul have no eyes and are in fact blind. All There in the Manual reveils, additional to using their hearing and smell, they are also electroreceptive (like sharks).
- Faster-Than-Light Travel: through the use of "tubehammers", special devices that anable starships to travel through a network of 4th-dimensional pathways called "tubes". Only the five main races are able to build ships that can use them.
- Five Races:
- Porgs are the Cute
- Kaeans are Mundane (or High Men)
- Turikasuul are the Stouts
- Hollywood Jehovah's Witness:"Good afternoon sir, I am a montarist and I want to talk with you about your soul."
- Outgrown Such Silly Superstitions: 98% of the Porgs are Atheist
- Proud Warrior Race: the Turikasuul
- Scenery Porn: Lot's of it
- Things That Go Bump in the Night: there IS a monster outside the window.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: All alien races lack Non-Mammal Mammaries, wich gets especislly misleading with the Turikasuul who apear with a very male build but are an Amazon Brigade.