Where the hell is Matt? provides examples of:
- The Comically Serious: The guard in the Korean Demilitarized Zone.
- Dance Party Ending: More like Dance Party everything.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Bad Dancing. And how.
- Poe's Law: He made a joke video saying that he faked everything (with robot dancers and submerged airplanes even). People believed it enough that he needed to make a follow up to explain that the video of him saying the video was a hoax was a hoax.
- That video too was inspired by rumors that his video was some kind of corporate hoax. Matt responded that if it were fake they could have chosen someone more handsome.
- Self-Deprecation: He's not afraid to poke fun at himself or his dancing.
- The World Is Just Awesome: One could say the main theme of the videos, especially the first two. The 2008 and 2012 videos are more about blurring the differences between us as a species.
- The 2012 video in particular is pretty much this. As Matt himself put it, the message is that people don't need be afraid of each other all the time.
- World of Ham: Almost everyone dancing in the 2008 video, especially the German guy in the orange crocs at the 2:19 mark.
All in all, it just goes to show you that no matter who you are or where you're from, we all have one thing in common: we all suck at dancing.