- "This is the Noah and Zane Show-a! This is the Zane and Noah Show-a!
I'm the brain and he is Balboa, one in the fast lane the other is slow-a! You know-a!
Spend most of my time in pain and being detained while he abstains from being vein to gain the reign!
We are brothers from birds of a feather, we become an unbreakable chain!
We become an explodable force like butane, I'm the left and he's the right brain!
He likes to explain while I shout profanes, one of us is Noah and the other is Zane!"— Ashtorothe's Fan Rap
Tropes that apply to The Zane And Noah Show:
- The Alcoholic: Survivor Dude confesses that he had this problem and had to go to AA in the second installment.
- Alien Lunch: Noah had eaten dirt for dinner in "Survivor-Dude".
- Both of them ate cat food in "Occupy Red Robin".
- Anything Can Be Music: The "MÜ! Song".
- Audience Participation: Fans get to send in ideas for the Challenge Series.
- Badass Beard: Noah regards his new goatee, as seen in "The Replacements", as this.
- Black Comedy: Occasionally. They even have an "offensive" disclaimer at the beginning of some of their vids.
- Blatant Lies: Survivor Dude: "Oyt, so I've successfully choipped this tree down.."
- Captain Obvious: Noah was Invoked as this.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Noah's character's Survivor Dude.
- Deconstructive Parody: A common theme.
- Domestic Abuser: Charlie is this way with Manson.
- Driven to Suicide: Zane in "Cyber-Bully!"
- Duct Tape for Everything: Noah uses it to attach a knife to a stick to make a spear in "Survivor-Dude".
- Expy: Zane's "Dark Justice" voice has been compared to Piccolo's from Dragon Ball Z Abridged.
- Fake Nationality: Noah, who pretends to be Australian, in "Survivor-Dude".
- Fat Best Friend: Noah.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Dark Justice beats Noah down and calls him filth because he stepped on the line while using the crosswalk.
- Gender Bender: "Who is the prettiest girl" You choose who wins!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: The title characters.
- Jerkass: Charlie. Zane and Noah think their replacements are also this.
- Knife Nut: Combat-style and other odd knives often appear in the show. Sort of a Running Joke/ Recurring Element.
- Knight Templar
Dark Justice (Zane): In the name of justice!
- Let's Play: They did one of SCP-087-B.
- Man Hug: When they got their house back in "Occupy Red Robin".
- Name and Name: The two are also popularly known as "Zane and Noah".
- Overly Long Gag/ Rattling Off Legal: The duration of "SleepAids" is mainly spent listing the side-effects of the drug.
- Recurring Character: A few of their other friends are this.
- Running Gag: The combat knives and Charles Manson.
- Shirtless Scene: Zane during the faux-fight scene in the "Master-debaters!" episode.
- Shoutout: One skit has two characters named Charlie and Manson.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Charlie.
- Stealth Expert: Dark Justice? Not so much...
- Story Arc: The Challenge series.
- Title Sequence: Each episode beings a short theme tune, the title of the show, and cutouts of Zane and Noah's faces.
- Transparent Closet: "Manson insists he is a straight man".
- Variety Show
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Noah in the Milk Challenge.